Tuesday, February 17, 2009

How Not to Write or What a Wonder, the Internet

What can I say. As I do research on a subject of interest I find so much on so many related areas, I can't stay focused.

So far the past few days I found much on the military-industrial complex which led to the military budgets since WWII, which led to government spending, which led to budget comparisons of many slices of the budget pie. (By the way, I'm not sure we can call it a budget.)

Guess it is time for an outline. I am older-we were taught to use outlines. Maybe I should say it is time for multiple outlines.

The more I use this wonderful tool, the Internet, the more I appreciate it.
What a great library. Not that I still don't value libraries, the brick and mortar types. Yet it sure is handy to sit in your pj's while you learn so much.

See, here I go:
It occurred to me the other day when the government had to fly Senators back and forth to get them to vote on the "stimulus package" that our government has not figured out some way to use IT to better advantage. You would think they could figure out some way to let those people who are ill or some such to vote from another location. Where is Homeland Security on this one. I remember a dedicated line between the White House and the Kremlin.

The previous paragraph was not a complete digression. It had to do with my appreciation of the availability of information and of the wonders of this age.

Yes, this age has many downsides but many wonders too.

No comments:

Post a Comment